Sunday 25 December 2016

Christmas Day Hierophant Bio-Titan


It was 1.00pm on a cold Christmas Day and the whole house was silent; well except for the hum of the airbrush in the bathroom that was. 

On a bit of a tangent, my brother has been trying to paint this thing for a while, but more than just the size it was the sheer number of gaps that you just can't get a paintbrush into that were really slowing him up. We spoke about it on the phone, and to cut a long story short, he brought it round on Christmas for me to give it a blast. His usual Tyranids are red with a light blue carapace (achieved with a wash over the White).

Anyway, I think it looks pretty ace for only about 2 hours painting work. He'll still have to clean up the panels and do the detail, but that's what I call a good head start (not to mention one hell of a bonus Christmas Present). Now all I need to do is teach him how to airbrush and he can paint my stuff next year!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good Christmas. My miniature haul was fairly considerable, but not outrageous (20 nice metal Daemonettes, a Goliath for the Cult, and another Anime figure for whenever I get around to it. Also the new Black Library book about Fabius Bile). I feel like I'm forgetting something there, but being as barely anyone reads this blog I'm sure nobody will mind...





2 comments:

  1. I mind! How dare you forget Auntie Doris who bought the socks! .... ;)

    Ha ha, Merry Christmas, good someone else was busy doing hobby stuff on Crimbo day, I was constructing a Goliath I received for my fledgling Cult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to building my Goliath too. I had the kit out for a preliminary glance and it looks really nice. There are a lot of cool details on the thing I'm looking forward to working on at some point - that is, if I don't get too distracted by new Sisters of Battle!

      Delete