Thursday 8 December 2016

Painting Squats!

Well hello Ho Ho there prospective readers.

I've got a fairly odd Christmas treat today. I was recently approached by the owner of a local games store and asked if I was interested in painting some squats for him. Without thinking too hard, I said yes as it sounded like a bit of a laugh.

The only question is ... Can I make these ancient models look good?


So far, I've given them a bit of a basecoat with the airbrush (and don't think the irony of using such an advanced piece of kit on such old models was lost to me either). As they're just a bit of fun, I'm trying to go for a nice bright red/orange for the armour plates to catch people's eyes. We'll see how they look with a few more colours on them later. So far I haven't worked out the rest of the scheme, but I'm thinking maybe a blue accent and black/grey?

For the moment I'm just gonna sit back and bask in the old-hammeryness of it all.



2 comments:

  1. Those are some lovely models. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a fun project.

    You can't go wrong with a blue/orange combo, and black and grey work with everything.

    ReplyDelete