Thursday 19 January 2017

Saint Celestine Underway


Always on the lookout for nice minis, I couldn't resist picking up the Triumvirate of the Imperium box. It helped that I actually have an army of Sororitas (Sisters of Battle) and that I could split the set with an avid Mechanicus fan, so I got Celesrine (plus guards) and the Inquisitor as a cool new project.

Rather than just another project in a long line of many, I'm planning to paint her up for the upcoming competition at Salute. I have some lofty ideas and we'll see how that works out as we go. For the moment, I've been trying to decide on a build. I'm keeping her in a few bits for ease of painting, but at the moment I'm mostly preoccupied by thinking about what to base her on. Given that it's a competition it should be something nice and impressive ... Hmmm, it's a bit of a conundrum....


Painting wise, I'm thinking non-metallic metal style gold for the armour. I've looked at a few tutorials and taken in a lot of info, so I think it'll be possible. Regardless it'll certainly keep me busy for quite some time! (And with any luck will be suitably impressive if I can pull it off).



4 comments:

  1. A really nice model. I look forward to seeing what you can do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope it goes well! It's gonna be uncharted territory from here on out!

      On the upside, I have a cunning plan for the base.

      Delete
  2. So excited you got this model Blazmo. It's going to be glorious. That model terrifies me (those thin bits supporting the structure)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck chief, I am looking forward to seeing what you get out if it.

    ReplyDelete