Friday 9 March 2018

40k Skaven, Finished Transuranic Arquebus Squad


Just a quick post to show one of the units that I painted for this year's Squaduary. They were a bit of a last minute addition after I had finished the 10 man Vanguard unit, and I didn't get to post any individual pictures of them at the time.

The arquebuses are actually conversions using Jezzails from the Dragoon kit (somewhat ironic that they're called Jezzails, just like the classic Skaven models). I had to build the rests for them, and I was careful to make sure that they matched, so I used some spare rails from the Onager's Eradication Beam that I had 2 of.

It's cool having 2 finished troop choices and an HQ anyway, as it feels like the basics have been taken care of.

I'm still working on a pair of Stormfiends for the army for Monster March, so check back later to see how I get on.


8 comments:

  1. The shot of the two jezzails looks great. Really nice details between the two models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. To be honest, I painted these so fast I can barely recognise them when I look at the pictures! When did I make those again?

      Delete
  2. I love these as well, the blue is gorgeous and the orange contrasts perfectly. How are Jezzails in 8th? Worth it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used them yet, so I can't say. I think the theory is that as they're sniper weapons, you use them to pick off characters at long range. In practice? Who knows. I gave up worrying about what has good rules years ago. The rules change every year or two, but you'll have the models forever, so build what you like!

      Delete
  3. Brilliant choice of color scheme to contrast the base hues. Excellent work sir!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your AdMech Rats are a great inspiration. 40k skaven have always been something that I wanted to make but struggled to find an army for them to stand in as. It never occurred to me of using them as a stand in for ad mech. Your creations are superb. The color choice is perfect. My hat is off to you sir. Thank you. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what paints/colors did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The armour is based on Vallejo Bluegreen, which is applied with an airbrush and then highlighted by mixing it with white (again with the airbrush). I finish the panels by defining the dark edges with a directed wash of Vallejo dark Prussian blue just into the gaps. Final highlight with a light mix of Bluegreen and white.

      The rest of it is pretty self explanatory as I use quite a standard black highlighted with grey for the robes etc

      Delete